Our Lady of Beauraing
Beauraing, during the Winter of 1932-1933. An exceptional event. In an exceptional context. A cold and dark time. The first stirrings of the drama of the Second World War.
A light appeared in the night.
From the 29th November till the 3rd January, the Blessed Virgin Mary appeared to five children: Fernande, Gilberte and Albert Voisin, Andrée and Gilberte Degeimbre.
On the 2nd February 1943, Mgr Charue, Bishop of Namur, recognized the cult of Our Lady of Beauraing and six years later on the 2nd July 1949, the supernatural origin of the events.
Our Lady with Golden Heart
The Sanctuaries of Beauraing
Beauraing, Belgium: Mary appeared 33 times between Nov. 29, 1932, and Jan. 3, 1933, to five children in the garden of a convent school in Beauraing. A chapel was erected on the spot. Reserved approval of devotion to Our Lady of Beauraing was given Feb. 2, 1943 and final approbation July 2, 1949, by Bishop Charue of Namur (d. 1977).
Our Sunday Visitor's
2009 Catholic Almanac
“Apparitions of the Blessed Virgin Mary”, page 123.